Our 8-day cruise along America’s most historic and largest river takes you on a journey through the Deep South from Memphis to New Orleans. Explore Memphis, the birthplace of rock ‘n’ roll and visit one of Elvis Presley’s former homes, Graceland. Sail the mighty Mississippi River on the gracious American Queen Steamboat, listening to stories about the history of music, slavery and Civil War from the on-board Riverlorian, an expert in the Deep South’s history and culture. Each port of call can be explored on an American Queen shore excursion, showcasing Mississippi’s great river cities. Finish your tour with two nights in the vibrant city of New Orleans, sampling its unique southern cuisine, live music and nightlife.
• International flights from UK to Memphis, returning from New Orleans
• Arrival and departure transfers
• 1 night at in Memphis at American Queen’s pre-cruise hotel on a bed & breakfast basis
• 7 nights aboard the American Queen Steamboat in an inside stateroom on a full board basis including wine and beer served with dinner
• Port charges
• Complimentary cappuccino, espresso, specialty coffees, tea, bottled water and soft drinks throughout your voyage
• On-board entertainment
• Complimentary Hop-On Hop-Off shore excursions in each port of call
• 2 nights at Le Meridien New Orleans Hotel on a room only basis
• Optional Premium Shore Excursions (must be pre-booked and pre-paid at time of booking your cruise).
• Gratuities of US$17.50 per person per day will automatically charged and added to your on board account.
Itineraries may vary throughout the year, please call our destination experts for more details on specific departure dates.