Dubai is the Disneyland of cities with a seemingly endless amount of things to do, we have managed to narrow it down (and we use the term loosely), so here are the top 30 things to do in Dubai (in no particular order).
1. Go to the top of the Burj Khalifa – standing at 828 meters, it is the world’s tallest building and the view from the top of 160 floors is simply breathtaking.
2. Aquaventure Water Park – located at the tip of Palm Island, the Aquaventure is heralded as one of the best water parks in the world!
3. Arabian Ranches Golf Course – this stunning course is sure to challenge any golfer from beginner to Tiger Woods, with immaculate grassy fairways alongside rugged natural terrain.
4. Al Ain Zoo – Located in Al Ain, this zoo places importance on Animal welfare and taking care of the animals is their number one priority!
5. Big Red – this 300ft sand dune gets its name from its red colour caused by high iron oxide content, just outside of Dubai it is both jaw-dropping to look at and hair-rising to race down!
6. Ski Dubai – the first of its kind in the Middle East, indulge in all things snow at these indoor ski slope. From tobogganing to snowboarding and skiing, everyone is welcome to try their hand at this mountain-themed hotspot.
7. Camel Trek – whether you want to go for an hour, an afternoon or a whole day, there is a Camel trek for you. Enjoy a traditional Bedouin meal under the stars or a traditional shisha session.
8. Dinner on a Donut – enjoy a BBQ dinner aboard your own inflatable donut offshore, a great way to make sure your little ones don’t run off during dinner or that you can enjoy an uninterrupted family dinner.
9. Chillout Ice Bar – made out ice (you may have guessed), you’ll relax on ice chairs, eat off ice plates and drink from ice cups. Dinner is best served cold!
10. Dubai Creek – in the middle of Dubai, historians say that the first Dubai settlement was built along the banks and remains were found at the mouth.
11. Al Bastakiya – the oldest residential area in the city of Dubai gives you an aunthentic taste of the history here, with narrow winding lanes and wind towers, as well as the Al Fahidi Fort which as its own museum.
12. Palm Island – 520 kilometres of beach await on this man-made island, shaped as palm tree, it is yet to be completed.
13. Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary – the regions first Ramsar wetland site, with lagoons, pool and mangroves where you can see 67 different species of water bird!
14. Meena Bazaar – is the quintessential traditional shopping experience in Dubai, with plenty of great bargains and high quality goods on offer, from clothing to jewellery.
15. Emirates Towers – in the heart of Dubai, the towers have 15 restaurants and bars to choose from as well as an open top swimming pool and rank as the 12th and 29th highest buildings in the world, and 15th in our list of top 50 things to do in Dubai.
16. Dubai Fountains – Water is shot up into the air up to heights of 150 metres, this dancing fountain is a favourite with visitors.
17. Go snorkelling – the Gulf Sea is best seen from within, with 700 different species of fish and many hotels will offer this activity free of charge.
18. Jumeirah Mosque – the tallest mosque in Dubai, this huge mosque plays host to up to 1200 people and is a replica of the old grand mosque built in the 1900s.
19. Children’s City – one of a king, this city within a city is a great day out for ages 2 – 15. Investigate, discover, play, learn and explore, this is educational fun at its finest.
20. Wonderland UAE – With over 30 attractions and rides sprawled over 22 acres, this amusement park is the largest in the UAE and fun for all the family.
21. Motor City – a great experience for all ages, Motor City plays host to many professional races and has been known to let the public race alongside their friends.
22. Air Balloon Ride – is there a better way to see this majestic city than by air? See the mountains, desert and city from your very own hot air balloon. Champagne optional.
23. XVA Gallery – modern art and historical pieces and ornaments can all be found at this gallery with a range of ever changing arts and exhibitions.
24. Dubai Aquarium – the largest suspended aquarium in the world (sensing a theme here?), this 10 million litre tank is home to over 33,000 animals across 140 species. Look out for the Sand Tiger Sharks, the largest collection of them in the world.
25. Join a running club – this may surprise you, however running is one of the best ways to see a city and there are many running clubs for all abilities. In fact Dubai Road Runners offers prizes for the runners that get closest to predicting their final time.
26. Rock Pools of Hatta – swim through the narrow rock corridors of this canyon in miniature, enjoy the roar of the waterfalls and the scenic drive both to and from.
27. Tax Free shopping – Tax free shopping means that you can really go and get lost in the mall, with everything from designer shops to outlet stores, shopping here really is a shop till you drop mentality.
28. Bastakia Quarter – the city’s most charming heritage site, soak up the atmosphere here. Built in the latter half of the 19th century by Persian Merchants, it makes for a picturesque stroll.
29. Wild Wadi Water Park – with the tallest free fall slide outside of the USA, adrenaline junkies will love hurtling toward ground at 80km per hour.
30. Angsana Spa – relax and re-align at this delightful spa, offering a range of massages, facials, polishes and beauty treatments to melt the stresses of life back home away and leave you rejuvenated!
What would be on your list of things to do in Dubai? We want to hear from you! Let us know via Twitter @wandotravel or Facebook www.facebook.com/westernandoriental