For those that wish to get a little more off the beaten track, a tailor made self-drive holiday will give you the opportunity to do just that. Having your own vehicle gives you complete flexibility of where you can visit in-between night stops. We have selected local private home stays (casa particulares) in Vinales and at the beach so that you can immerse yourself in true Cuban culture and learn more of the Cuban’s way of life.
This sample itinerary follows an easy route with drive distances between each destination no more than 2 hours a time. Your tour will begin with two nights in the heart of Old Havana, a warren of cobbled streets, beautiful plazas and cathedrals and numerous art galleries and museums.
The first leg of your journey takes you in to the Sierra del Rosario mountains, green and lush, to Las Terrazas, a self-sufficient community where activities may include bird watching, horse riding or walking trails to waterfalls.
The Vinales Valley is a unique landscape of tobacco plantations and limestone formations known as mogotes, under the ground you will find an extensive network of caves. Witness local farmers tending their fields with ox and plough and planting tobacco plants. This area of outstanding natural beauty is wonderful for a leisurely drive, stop off with a picnic and take in the views.
Head for the coast to the low key and undeveloped Cayo Jutias, where pristine beaches and the warm ocean beckons you.
• International direct flights from London Gatwick to Havana
• Private arrival transfer
• 2 Night accommodation at Hotel Raquel (or similar) on a bed and breakfast basis
• Full day Havana tour including morning walking tour of Old Havana and Classic American Car Tour of Greater Havana
• 5 days of car rental
• 1 Night accommodation at La Moka on a bed and breakfast basis
• 2 Nights accommodation at a casa particulare in Vinales on a bed and breakfast basis
• 2 Nights accommodation at a casa particulare in Cayo Jutias on a bed and breakfast basis
• 1 Night accommodation at Hotel Florida on a bed and breakfast basis
• Gratuities, lunches and dinners, car insurance & security bond, Cuban visitor visa