Western & Oriental Travel
0203 733 9041
Open today : 9:00 - 19:00
World Wide
Thu Jul 27 9:00 - 19:00
Fri Jul 28 9:00 - 19:00
Sat Jul 29 9:00 - 16:00
Sun Jul 30 Enquire Online
Mon Jul 31 9:00 - 19:00
Tue Aug 1 9:00 - 19:00
Wed Aug 2 9:00 - 19:00
Thu Aug 3 9:00 - 19:00
Thu Jul 27 9:00 - 18:00
Fri Jul 28 9:00 - 18:00
Sat Jul 29 10:00 - 16:00
Sun Jul 30 Enquire Online
Mon Jul 31 9:00 - 18:00
Tue Aug 1 9:00 - 18:00
Wed Aug 2 9:00 - 18:00
Thu Aug 3 9:00 - 18:00

USA Travel Guide


What do I need to before travelling?

Ensure you have obtained an ESTA online and have the relevant travel insurance. If you are going on a ranch holiday, we recommend you book insurance via insuretotravel, which covers horse riding without a hard hat. Please click here to book ranch insurance. 

What are the visa requirements?

UK citizens who are covered by the Visa Waiver Program and who are travelling on a machine readable passport with a minimum validity of 90 days from the date of entry into the USA and who have a onward or return ticket, are required to obtain a travel authorisation (ESTA) prior to travelling. A $14 fee is payable online

What is the currency in the United States?

The currency of the United States is the US Dollar. Most major credit cards are accepted, however be aware that many ATM machines will charge for withdrawals. 

Will I need to bring an adaptor?

The electric current is 120 volts in the United States. An adaptor plug will be required.


What is the Language in the United States?

English is the main language of the United State, although Spanish is also widely spoken due to the large Latin American population. 

What nightlife is available?

The United States has some of the most vibrant nightlife in the world, and a diverse range of nightclubs and bars can be found in all major cities.

Is the United States safe?

Most visits to the USA are safe, however please note that laws vary state to state, and weather warnings can include hurricanes, wildfires, earthquakes and tornadoes.


Are there any customs or public holidays I should be aware of?

Public holidays include Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day. Tipping is a large part of American culture and for every possible service a tip of 10-20% is expected including for bar staff, wait staff and bathroom attendants.


Can I arrange airport parking?

Airport parking can be arranged through us, as well as airport hotels and lounges to ensure your travelling is as smooth and comfortable as possible.

What are the laws on consuming alcohol?

The legal drinking age in the USA is 21. Laws vary by state as to whether those underage are allowed to be present in liquor stores or bars.


Alternative North America Countries