Mauritian cuisine is renowned for its delicate blends of crushed spices that make up many of the island’s mouth watering dishes. The multi-cultural ethnicity of Mauritius is reflected in its vast range of different variations of delicious foods. Read Western & Oriental Travel’s favourite BBQ recipe from Mauritius, try it out and tell us what you think of it!
Recipe: Spiced Lamb Chops
8 lamb chops
1/2 tsp chilli powder
2 tsp ginger/garlic mixture
Salt and pepper to taste
4 oz natural yoghurt
About 2 tbsp oil
1. Put the chops in a bowl and add all the ingredients (except oil).
2. Mix well, cover and leave to marinate for at least 2 hours.
3. Pour the oil on the marinated chops and mix again.
4. Lift the chops and place them on the BBQ and cook on both sides.
5. Serve hot garnished with lemon wedges.